The following are ways in which an abuser can use technology to abuse or harass a partner:
- Monitoring your e-mail communication
- Sending you repeated e-mail or instant messages
- Using your online identity to post false information or to send your demographic information and/or picture to sexually oriented or pornographic sites
- Using social networking sites, like Facebook and MySpace, to get information about you and to monitor who sends you messages and who your friends are
- Sending you repeated text messages
- Using GPS devices to monitor your location
Please see Technology Safety for more information and the technology safety page of the NNEDV.