The following are examples of academic abuse:
- Preventing you from working on papers or studying for tests,
- Saying you don’t love your partner if you spend time on work instead of spending time together,
- Calling you at all hours, especially before tests and other important academic assignments,
- Blaming you for poor grades,
- Monitoring your behavior during class or taking all of the same classes as you,
- Belittling your academic focus/choice,
- Making fun of you for studying too much.
Return to Types of Abuse.