The following list of books, articles and editorials is provided as an introduction to the spectrum of issues connected to violence against women and relationship abuse. This list is intended only as an educational tool for those interested in learning more about violence against women. The Center for Relationship Abuse Awareness does not necessarily support the ideas, opinions, theories or beliefs of the authors and organizations expressed in materials included on this reading list.
We encourage readers to approach the texts with a critical eye and to consider perspectives expressed therein as facets of a complex issue.
Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft.
The Macho Paradox: Why Some Men Hurt Women and How All Men Can Help by Jackson Katz.
Color of Violence: The Incite! Anthology edited by A. Smith, B. Richie, J. Sudbury.
Domestic Violence Law by Nancy Lemon.
- Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen
- The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
- The 13th Juror by John T. Lescroart
- Strange Fits of Passion by Anita Shreve
- We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates
- Walking with the Wind by John Lewis