Guys Getting Involved
Most men do not commit violence against women, but all men can help end it. A lot of guys want to get involved, be leaders in modeling respect, and learn the skills to challenge their friends. The following resources will assist men in understanding gender violence as a men’s issue and provide ideas for men to take action.
- Kasandra Perkins’ Murder–Some Things Keeping Three Guys Up at Night
Masculinity U, 12/4/12
- What to Say to Boys and Young Men About Big Ben
Huffington Post, 2/2/2011
- Tony Porter: A Call to Men
TED Talk, 12/10/2010
- Follow the Center on Twitter!
- Follow the Center on Facebook!
Father’s Rights vs. Fatherhood Movement
Read more about Father’s Rights groups and the anti-feminist backlash:
Patriarchy Reasserted: Father’s Rights and Anti-VAWA Activism (PDF)
Read more about being a role model for your children:
It Starts With You